The thing about sahur is, it's not about waking up. It's about going to back to bed. It's impossible and uncomfortable with a full or half-filled stomach. And this is, just about, my daily dilemma.
It's just past noon in my country and just past five (dawn) local time. Honestly, there's too much to say than I could possibly write. I've been adapting to my new 'sanctuary' eversince my first ever step into this flat. That is around a week ago. And I have to say it was fun though it wasn't much of a glamorous thing to do. Glamorous you ask? Well, all the cleaning, the shifting, the lifting and not forgetting the vacumming! But I must admit, it was thrilling, fun and exhausting. All the endless shopping of new clothes, new beddings, new stock of foods, and the list just goes on and on. You can't possibly imagine (neither can I) how much time, effort and MONEY was involved in the construction of our new home.
Now that I've reread the above paragraph, I just realised that I kept listing things. Hehe. I urge to explore more of what Glasgow has to offer. But time seems to be ticking down on me. Tomorrow, school starts and holiday is over. It feels like I haven't been studying for about half a year! I do miss it.
The last day, the day I flew off to Scotland, wasn't exactly the happiest day. Glad I was going but sad I was leaving. Everytime I rewind my memory back to the last day, a deep sorrow simply strucks me. The tears of Babu, my aunts and my friends left quite a pain in me, but what was more agonizing was the thought of leaving them behind. And what a great time to start school in the first week of Ramadan.
Now that I'm here in a blue cubicle, which I call my room, I seldomly complain about missing home. Not that I don't miss home, but let's just say I kinda like it here. The privacy, the independence, my new atmosphere is just another great episode of my life. I was just chatting with an old friend and we were greatly reminded of how this situation, being him and I in two separate countries, brings back memories of older days when he was in Indonesia and I was in Singapore. Awkward, yet sweet. I must say my room is filled. Yet, there's this great emptiness or void that just surrounds me.
No comments:
Post a Comment